Tuesday 16 August 2016




Hello again . :)  Today I have uploaded another altered item .  This time a Christmas bauble  I found the baubles  a year or so ago.  I loved that they were clear and a flattened round rather than the more traditional sphere, made of plastic.  The usual feature for hanging the bauble was already in place. As you would expect.

 Looking back I think may have been having the first of many "light on in the attic"  moments.
I was coming to realise anything ..... anything at all could be altered , transformed , made into something else .  For those of you who have always appreciated this fact ... forgive my enthusiasm ..:) .it was a mile stone in my craft experience .  Prior to this door opening Paper crafts had been my passion . That and bead work.

I now have what feels like a mountain of items that potentially need my attention...(don't we all) .  Amanda
Charlesworth , A.K.A. Scrimpingmommy   of the Lace Closet over on face book.  Put up a challenge . As she was celebrating three wonderful events in her busy life. The main requirement was to use laces and trims from Amanda's store on Zibbet.   Proudly.....I announce I am  a LACE  MONSTER !  ( A term of endearment  for those who follow Amanda . )

The Bauble came to mind immediately . It is a lovely thing to alter . I used budget satin , lace appliques, lace trims  flat back gems and the wild orchid crafts to set off some of things Amanda sells in her store .  Using a few things from my personal stash  , I went to work.  I had no real plan ... but it seems that Crafty person inside guides the hands that work ... by the time the project was complete . I had a real sense of feeling happy with the way it turned out .  To see in more detail as always ... click the YOU-TUBE button.

We are always,  as crafters  hyper critical of our own work. Its hard not to tweak and torment finished projects .   But the truest words every spoken ...and we have all heard them .... is "There is no right or wrong way to do something"  in this Arena it is very apt . Whether by design or default we do what we do .  If it makes you smile , feel happy  or gives you a sense of achievement  JUST KEEP DOING IT !

Warmest wishes , Happy Crafting .

Kay . xx

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful decorated Christmas bauble. The lace and trims are so pretty and the dangle trim adds that extra touch to the whole project, lovely work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet . The dangle was a necessary part ... it was a little lacking without it . I did enjoy altering this Bauble . Thank you for your support as always . xx

      Delete